Home News N-Power: Nigerian govt receives 1m applications in 48 hours

N-Power: Nigerian govt receives 1m applications in 48 hours

Author

Date

Category


The federal government has revealed that over one million people have applied for the N-Power program after the application portal was opened for 48 hours.

The Deputy Director of Information, Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs disaster management and social development, Rhoda Iliya who made this known to newsmen on Monday said the huge turn out in the number of Nigerians who have applied for the program is an indication of the number of youths who need jobs and the confidence in the program.

She said ”The ministry wishes to reiterate that all young Nigerians between the ages of 18-35 with or without formal education can apply for a slot in the new program which would be very focused on agriculture.

Read Also: COVID-19: Nigeria, US excluded as EU releases countries allowed into European countries

“The number of applications so far received is an indication of the number of our youths who need jobs and the confidence in the program.

“The ministry will continue to collaborate with its technical partners to provide timely support to all applicants.

“The selection process would be fair and transparent and the public would also be carried along at every stage.

“The portal is open for all Nigerians who meet the application criteria.”

The ministry also refuted claims of hackers gaining access on the portal which was opened at 11:45 pm on June 26, 2020, and closed on June 28, 2020.

The post N-Power: Nigerian govt receives 1m applications in 48 hours appeared first on Oak TV Newstrack.



Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent posts

Prove my link with Hushpuppi, Dogara dares APC

Former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, has reacted to the recent attempt by the All Progressives Congress (APC) to associate...

Nigeria records 544 new COVID-19 cases

The Nigerian Centre for Disease Control, NCDC, has released 544 new cases of Coronavirus in the country, with Lagos and Ebonyi topping the...

Fidau: We had no plan to bar Oyo deputy governor- Ajimobi’s family

The family of late former Oyo State governor, Abiola Ajimobi has explained why the state’s Deputy Governor, Rauf Olaniyan was prevented from attending...

SERAP gives Buhari 14 days to probe over N300bn missing public funds

Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) has given President Muhammadu Buhari 14 days to “direct the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister...

UN condemns Boko Haram attack on Damasak, damage to aid helicopter

United Nations Humanitarian Coordinator in Nigeria Mr Edward Kallon has condemned an attack on civilians and aid helicopter in a Borno town by...

Recent comments